MPD Sets Freedom Fest Open Alcohol Policy
In order to keep everyone in a safe and friendly environment, the city of Marseilles and Police Chief have drafted policies to ensure a pleasant festival for all involved.
Freedom Fest Alcoholic Beverages Policies will be enforced as follows.
- Only 12oz Can Alcoholic beverages will be sold for consumptions on streets.
- 12oz Alcoholic beverages price will be set at $3.00 for consumption on the streets.
- There will be no coolers allowed at the event.
- Anyone wishing to consume alcoholic beverages at the event must have an official 2016 Freedom Fest wristband*.
- Anyone caught consuming alcoholic beverages at the event without an official Freedom Fest wristband* will be fined $75 under Marseilles City Ordinance #112.04.
- There will be no glass containers allowed on the streets.
- There will be no mixed drinks allowed outside of any business that serves alcoholic beverages.
- Illinois Concealed Carry License holders will not be allowed to carry a firearm on public property during this event in accordance with 430 ILCS 66/1 c (a) 10.
- •No dogs allowed with the exception of service dogs.
*****Wristbands allow alcohol consumption on Main Street (during Freedom Fest) to those who are 21 and over. Wristbands are NOT for age verification. Those who sell alcohol are responsible for verifying the age of purchaser. Official Freedom Fest wristbands can be purchased for $4.00 at the Main Street Beer Garden or any participating Main Street bars/restaurants.